Layan Blues

So last night I wasted my time on youtube watching anything suggested. So I came upon list of songs difficult to sing by female artists, and saw this amazingly phenomenal number by Lisa Fischer.
First off, I thought I have never heard of this singer. After some research online, I found out that she released an album containing this song, and won a Grammy in 1992, and hasn't released other recordings ever. Instead, she does backup singing for singers like the late Luther Vandross. Oke so that year 1992, I was only a kampung kid recently moved to town, so I knew nothing about this artist. 








This is also an extended version from the original recording and sound so powerful.

(youtube link)

I was binge watching her past live performances, and also some of her quite recent performance. She's still got it πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ‘πŸ‘

Spotify link Lisa Fischer So Intense album.