Red bean soup recipe/ resipi bubur kacang merah

Last month during the fasting month, I made some kind of sweetened soup or bubur manis almost every alternate days. It started a few weeks before the fasting month when I bought a small packet of kacang hijau and made some sweetened soup out of it that same evening. Well, I always have things procrastinated until they are wasted. That was not too hard I thought so in the second week or so of fasting,I bought a few different things that are usually a hit when sweetened in a soup.
Cooking red bean soup is very new to me too. I looked up a few recipes before making one. This one i cooked with dates for it was very abundant during the fasting month. I usually use 3/4 cup of red beans that is soaked. Slow cook at high for 2 hours with water 1/3 of the pot used or a bit more and adding in about 2 inches of ginger. I like it quite watery. After 2 hours, add in seeded dates about 5 to 6 fruits. Stickier fruits would sweetened the broth a bit more. Boil them for another 45 minutes. Lastly, turn off the heat and discard ginger and dates pieces, then add in about 1 to 2 tablespoon of sugar. More sugar if you prefer. I like it just that a bit sweet.