went to the cobbler

It was a long, long time ago since I last visited a cobbler. That's because I hardly buy any shoes nowadays. The shoes that I have been wearing either durable or at least lasted for one year. So this fancy pair that I bought at 60 bucks was already very worn out on the heels. I have only used it for about 5 months. I thought of buying a new pair, but then I think I'd ask the cobbler how much would it cost to repair it and if it is not expensive, I'd just repair it. I didn't ask anyway, but at the end I only paid 5 bucks to repair the worn out heels.




Kalau kita perhatikan baik-baik di sini, dan muhasabah diri pada masa yang sama, amat susah hendak cari rezeki yang halal. Aku rasa, tak ada pekerjaan lain yang lebih halal daripada kerja ini. Kerja aku pun boleh bertangguh, tapi kerja ini tak boleh. Tukang kasut ini pun bersungguh-sungguh membetulkan kasut aku walaupun upahnya cuma lima ringgit.