Dining Ayam Penyet

It was already almost 6 hours since my last meal at the canteen. I planned to eat something at home, but then decided just to buy my meal since it was already past 3pm. It just came to my mind that perhaps I should try ayam penyet. I immediately went to its restaurant nearby Tesc*o Semenyih. The very large billboard has already caught my attention for long, just that I haven't decided to give it a go until recently.
The ambiance of the restaurant is pleasant- not as crowded as a mamak restaurant. Not air conditioned, just ceiling fans to ventilate the room. You could see your drinks being prepared from where you are sitting. The menu is presented in two languages- English and perhaps the other one is Javanese because of the uses of words such as 'empel' meaning beef and 'lele' meaning catfish. So the menu in English helped me understand some words that I am not familiar with. And also from my understanding, 'penyet' here should (or perhaps) mean 'flat' from the menu listed- empel penyet translated as smashed beef, ayam penyet translated as smashed chicken, and so on with prawns and catfish. I myself always use the word 'penyek' and never 'penyet'. Ok, that's my lesson in language!
The food is pretty rustic- just like how you serve it at home. There's one taste dominating the whole meal, but I am not sure what taste is it exactly. Perhaps it's tempe? Really am not sure. I ordered the ayam penyet meal set, consisting of white rice, a piece of chicken that was fried and placed in a platter filled with a few pieces of fried hard tofu and tempe, and not forgetting the ever delicious and fiery-hot sauce like sambal belacan mix. This meal goes really well. This set comes with an iced lemon tea at 8 bucks. Cheaper than what you have to pay at an Oldt*own White Coffee restaurant. When I was almost done, I was served with a scoop of ice cream that was not stated in the menu.
My overall experience here was pleasant. May visit the restaurant again for oxtail soup or pecal (vegetable in peanut sauce).
It's a-la carte lah!

Dah selesai!