Mr. Holland's Opus, Gershwin, and Amber

Perhaps I had too much time to browse youtube one day and came across Amber Nicole Patrick's page. She was singing Circus, a song by Britney which I really liked at the time. I thought it was a really good recording, thus listening to her other videos and came across this pretty song- Someone to Watch Over Me.



Last Sunday, I watched again Mr. Holland's Opus that I first watched some 10 years ago may be. Mr. Holland was a professional musical performer before he became a teacher. What I remember the most from this story is his wife gave birth to a son and later found out that he was hearing impaired when he was not disturbed by the deafening sound of a firetruck's siren. Someone to Watch Over Me was also featured in that film.



I have actually came across this song long ago, but being a young person who likes rock and roll, this song was far from my liking.



*Baby says hi after 60 days of not making appearances on this blog!

Someone to Watch Over me is a song by George Gershwin for the musical Oh, Kay! in 1926