new environment in the new year

March--- it isn't too late to talk about the new year, isn't it?
So, the change of bosses at my workplace does change some things. First of all, it has become more relaxed. Time that were spent on lengthy and frequent meetings are now reduced to a mere twice monthly consuming only an hour or so for a session. And such a meeting do make us come up with useful solutions rather than the times before, and the time saved may be used to take on actions more efficiently. The other thing I think is happening is, since the bosses aren't too pushy and bossy as before, we have become too laid back and waiting for the next tasks. Well, we usually wait for tasks to be given. Those good old days of the old bosses here, they come to us each and every day to hand over files and tasks. I am so puzzled as to why we didn't have much to do nowadays. I mean, we do the same thing from year to year and some new tasks from the ministry or other connected authorities. And no, I am not asking for more under my belt. It's not yet the mid-year anyway, the busiest time of the year to me.
Then this new head of our office doesn't care much for the make up effect of the workplace. She cares more for us and other things don't bother her. Perfect! We don't have to worry too much about other things than what we should mainly do.
I am definitely striving for a better discipline at this job this year.