Still Fresh

One of the least pleasures that I could get these days is listening to my favourite songs. But recently, I managed to get my hands on some songs that I have been looking for ages, like Lonely (sung by The Grasshoppers 草蜢, the best boy band ever). It’s one of the songs I heard in my earliest days listening to Chinese songs, dated at least 10 years back.



Now this is the song that I have been humming for years without knowing even the title. (Now I know la, it's 三分鐘放縱 - 3 Minutes Indulge) It's a cover of The Cover Girls' Because of You.

Earlier this year I bought Jacky Cheung’s Live Performance (张学友活出生命Live淹唱会) CD where he sings other singers’ songs. Talking about this CD, I think some songs do not suit his way of singing. His vocal prowess is on top of the notch when he sings songs specially engineered for him, but he doesn’t sound that good singing Lovers (情人, originally sung by BEYOND with former front man Wong Kakui). He sounds fine when he sings female singers’ songs though!



However, I come to like Wait (titled 等 in Cantonese) that Jacky sings in the CD.



I have heard Eason 陳奕迅 sung the same song in one of his concerts too and I should say that I like him sings it better than Jacky did.



等 was originally sung by Danny Chan 强. I have never heard the records of before. sounds perfect indeed.



And I really love the catchy tunes of Destined (要是有緣) sung by Eason in the same concert Eason and Friends and that makes me so excited to hear how Kenny Bee 鍾鎮濤 sounds in its original version. I love Eason more!

And at last I could complete the songs I like the most from 游鸿明. Subway Train (地下铁) in its original slow score is the best.