Longing for Pulau Sibu... actually!

This note should have been published earlier than this, but anyway, Program Pendidikan Luar took me faraway to Pulau Sibu. It’s not anywhere in Sarawak, but somewhere in Mersing, Johor. The journey should begin at 0830 sharp, but some arrangements still had to be made at the last minutes. We were about 15 minutes late. I thought the journey to Mersing was too time-consuming because I was asleep and awakened a few times before we got to the jetty at about 1300. The journey back however didn’t feel that long. I thought I was tired and sleepy but I just couldn’t sleep on the night we got home. I guess I don’t feel sea sick, but it could be due to the pill taken earlier to avoid sea sickness. The boat ride to Pulau Sibu took 1 hour. I was still sleepy, so I was asleep all the way to the island. We were taken on a smaller boat to the beach. From there, it was about 50 meters or more that we had to carry things like our bags, food, equipments, and other heavy things to the campsite. Day one went away without any learning modules. We spent the whole day moving a lot of things. Just imagine a camping trip meant to keep us away from comfort zone, actually made us carry a few boxes of fish, chicken, veggies, ketchup, sauces, and other luxury food God knows what, all the way from the college. Carrying a few kilos of chicken for the BBQ night could be fair enough. The reason was for us to have balanced diet all the time we were there. If I knew, I could’ve suggested simpler food that’s anyway balanced. Ayam masak lemak cili padi coupled with kambas masak air is not really balanced, you know. Anyway, thanks very much to the cooks, which were also the participants of the program, which had cooked good food.
Snorkeling made me breathless at first. I had that breathing apparatus in my mouth and I felt like I was strangled when I tried to look into the water. I don’t know how I finally managed to immerse my face with that breathing apparatus attached to my mouth. The view under the sea was indeed spectacular. I could even see clown fish of a few different colours, corals, sea cucumbers, and other fishes that I don’t know the names. This experience is in fact the dearest of them all.
The activity that scared me the most was abseiling. One of the facilitator told us that other colleges do not carry their activity of abseiling from where we do ours. The cliff was so scary. I dared myself to look down only when I was on the top of the cliff. I wasn’t singing “I am on the top of the cliff looking down on creation…” I had difficulties coming down. I couldn’t look up. I didn’t remember to straighten my body. When I did, I just forget to move my legs. The facilitators were yelling at me, but I just didn’t understand what they were telling me. I didn’t scream though I was panic. Another scary activity that wasn’t really scary at the end was flying fox. This is especially scary for I am alto phobic and I had to wait on a certain height up on the tree for my turn. I am still shaky when I could remember that moment. The facilitator told me that the height of the tree is as the height of a 4 story building. If it’s a real building, I won’t be as shaky, madam. She talked to me before I soared down into the sea. I was hoping I could swim a while, but I was instructed to swim immediately to the shore.
We were also taught how to set an area of orienteering. There were mixed instructions that made us tired and angry, but to ^^^^ with that. We didn’t really care coz we were heading home.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Tanjung Leman jetty.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Pulau Sibu.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Every fox was flying from here. Ha ha...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Pulau Sibu.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
An island seen from Pulau Sibu.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is where the abseiling activity was carried out.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Somewhere nearby where the abseiling activity was carried out.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Coconut Beach, or somewhere nearby.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Do you notice the rainbow?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
In the sun.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Twilight.


A plush toy that I got on the last night in Pulau Sibu. That night, everybody had to pick a name from a box and give her a present. Thanx Yati. Plush baby is so cute.