An Irresistible Journey

Having to go to Endau-Rompin National Park was somewhat inspiring. I once thought that it’d be great if I could set foot here once someday. The National Park has always been portrayed heaven on earth. The place is barely touched and waterfalls are everywhere. It’s my heaven. For the cascades I mean. For the first time in my life, I saw a waterfall so majestically sky high here in my home country. I have always admired such falls. Unfortunately, the photo I took there couldn’t explicitly illustrate how much I appreciate the vista first of all because I accidentally had one of my fingers very near to the lens that it got photographed too. I was amazed that I could walk for about 8 hours just to savour an hour of panorama viewing and lunch up the falls. I wished I didn’t have to force myself to walk that long. I may not have to do it again.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is the entry to Endau-Rompin National Park. If we had to walk into the park from here, we’d get there in approximately 24 hours.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
National Park welcomes everybody. Register yourself first, or risk being jailed. You could find some souvenirs too, including T-shirts, caps, car stickers, and Orang Asli traditional games.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Kg. Peta, Orang Asli settlement. This jetty takes you down to Sungai Endau.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My first boat ride on such a boat in a river.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Lampam jawa swimming happily under the jetty of National Research and Education Centre.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sungai Endau as seen from NERC.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Kuala Jasin.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Coming from the right side is Kuala Jasin, meets with Sungai Endau.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I took this photo after I have crossed the bridge on our way to Kuala Marong.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Pitching tent was easy, but we still had some disagreement with…

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Kuala Marong, besides a campsite, is also a reservation spot for kelah fish. You can’t tell which are kelah in this photo, can you?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Tasik Air Biru. I still wonder what is so blue about the lake.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This photo is taken on the way to Buaya Sangkut, the ultimate waterfall so far in my life. I was up on a bridge, shaking to the left and right.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Batu Hampar. I forget to take the photo where the batu is actually terhampar because I was standing on it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A small cascade found on our way to Buaya Sangkut.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The mysteriously serene lake of Buaya Sangkut. I wonder what are there beyond the trees and the deep water.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The lake pours out this cascade. The guy in red is our guide, Ajoi.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The previous cascade brings us to a huger cascade starting from here.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Walla, my biggest crush here, the ultimate falls of Buaya Sangkut. If only you were there.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The ultimate cascade as captured by a friend.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sungai Ubat is believed to have medicinal value. There are numerous medicinal herbs upstream. The leaves soaked in the running water must have been the reason the water has therapeutic effects.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Upeh Guling has a long history dated back more than 100 million years ago. There are many well-like structures formed from the activities of small stones whirling in running water.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The cascade of Upeh Guling.

Aaa... you wanna go too? Make sure you could walk non-stop for at least 2 hours. Imagine all the rocks you're going to step onto, all the streams you have to traverse, all the hills you will climb, all in one day. Train well and you are ready.