Nenek dalam kenangan

My grandmother had just passed away. It was such a shocking event. She was sick last week, but she actually recovered during the weekend. It’s stated in her death certificate that she died of pneumonia, the disease that caused her to be hospitalised a few times before. My sister called me the morning my grandmother was hospitalised. Her condition had worsened when my sister called me again that night. The doctor had asked the family to get ready. She was brought home the next day and died not long afterwards. I was too late to see her for the very last time. I was a little sad. The family held a small tahlil. I don’t know what’s gotten into me. I usually know what to do when the house holds such a ceremony, but I waited for my mother to instruct me. Everybody was there, doing everything. I have never seen my younger cousins more helpful than that night. I just couldn’t believe that the ceremony was for my grandmother.