In Love With a Street

爱上了一条街, a song originally sung in Chinese by 蔡依林 a.k.a Jolin. It’s her song that I love the most.



At the corner of the mouth
Lingers the taste of dream
Got up and I am in New York
With a smile, gazing at the snowdrops outside the window
Mist spreads in the road
Grasping a copperplate in hand
Travel peacefully by NR line subway train
In love with a street
Winding and complicated
How far is it?
At the end of it
You are waiting for me
In love with a street
I won’t mind getting lost
My love
In the search of a dreamland
Don’t be afraid of risks
La Fayette and Times Square
I see Romeo and Juliet
Tracing love I’ll never regret
No matter in New York or Taipei

I was first fascinated by her song Spirit of the Riders (奇士精神). It was my brother who brought her other records to my attention. She does a lot of cover versions, including S Club 7’s Don’t Stop. I think her new song Love Love Love is also a cover version of an English song, but I don’t know which song.