The Compact Tale

My new workplace could be a perfect one with a PC that has a working CD ROM drive!
It’s kinda boring here, my new workplace. Having a computer here should be enough, but the computer’s CD ROM drive doesn’t work. Imagine the things I could enjoy if the hardware works. Anyway, I only thought of keeping some more MP3 in it. It looks like I have to bear with the same tune everyday.
Last week was quite a challenging week for me, especially on Friday. I had to rush back home for a teacher selection test. I thought of leaving the office before 4:00pm, but my boss called me to his office, which is about 5 minutes walking from my office at about 3:30pm. I was at his office for about 10 minutes. He asked me to deposit a cheque right before 4:00pm. Of course I had to clean my workplace before I went home and I managed to leave 15 minutes later.
I saw a bus was coming towards the bus stop I was heading to. There were other people waiting for it, but the bus didn’t stop. It usually takes an hour to reach the city where I could get the bus back to my hometown, and it was an hour before I missed it. Traffic was almost at halt somewhere near the city, but the bus miraculously arrived 10 minutes before I could miss the other bus to my hometown. I was the only pedestrian left, trying very hard to cross the street. The traffic lights were useless and the traffic police was merciless. And my bag was heavy. I don’t remember stuffing it with stones though. Thank God I didn’t miss the bus.
Teacher selection test is a new phase in a teaching course designed for people with (at least) a bachelor degree (that’s not of teaching) to become a teacher. It is a preliminary test in choosing a qualified candidate for the interview. The test is divided into Logical, Verbal (the hardest), Quantitative, English (the easiest), and a personality test called INSAK. Each component is given specified time. If I could recall correctly, there was one question in INSAK that goes like this: Would you be satisfied with your grade when you found out that your friend’s grade is better though your friend copied your work? There were in fact more of such question among the 135 questions in the personality test. The invigilator didn’t look bad-tempered started to sound cynical then. She reminded the candidates not to have anything else on the table except for a few things, and she said, “How could a teacher-to-be not understand a simple instruction?” when she saw one of the candidates still have her handphone on the table. Then I heard her again saying, “Excuse me. You are supposed to decide the component of the test before you could use the OMR paper. Don’t simply answer on the INSAK sheet while you are answering the Logical sheet, ok?” 15 minutes after the test started, a few other candidates came in and the invigilator again spoke, “You were supposed to come earlier if you want to become teacher.” She was just being honest, wasn’t she? Listen carefully, be careful, and be punctual. The test started at around nine in the morning and ended about 2.5 hours later.
I couldn’t sleep early the night before. In fact, it has been a week of me having to close my eyes at around 2:00am. I just went straight home after the test and that took me 3.45 hours. I wanted to get online but my brother has set a password to the computer. Ha well, I just watched Saiyuuki Reload!