The French Fries Story

I came home at 7pm yesterday feeling very hungry. The first thing I saw when I entered the flat was an empty French fries packet. I suddenly remembered that I still have some raw potatoes in the kitchen, so I rushed to prepare some fries for dinner as soon as I changed dress. While I was at it, I had an idea to introduce Delia on my page.
Delia Smith. You’d know her if you watch her cooking show (I don’t remember the name of the show though) on ASTRO Ria. That show of hers is just brilliant! It’s not your usual cooking show because she also points out the qualities to be looked for in ingredients used; precautions to take before, during, and after cooking; and even guidelines in choosing, using, and keeping cooking utensils.
As an ardent “student”, I never failed to follow her shows, thus I have collected many recipes. Wonder if I have tried at least one recipe? Actually, I have tried three! My favourite branch of cooking is cake baking. Wanna know a secret sponge cake recipe that never fail?
What do you need?
3 large eggs
180g sugar
180g self-raising flour
180g soft butter/margarine
A few drops of vanilla flavour (or other flavour that you favour actually)
What to do?
Very simple indeed.
Preheat oven to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix very well. Then pour the batter into a greased tin and bake until springy to the touch. Baking time is about 20 to 40 minutes.
What is the secret?
The fat must be very soft, so make sure that margarine and butter are perfectly thawed before you combine all the ingredients. Basically, you need not to cream the fat first if you are making a simple cake like this. So, no more secrets!
Wanna try my recipe of French fries?
What do you need?
4 large potatoes
1 large clove of garlic
Pepper and salt to season
What to do?
You know what to do!
Happy cooking.