My God, I forget...! But... what a waste.

I came home today and played Sheik's song immediately (Serena...and still singing it!) I looked around the messy living room, then off to the kitchen. I want to drink but very little water left, so I decided to boil some. While waiting for the jug to be filled, I prepared a comforter and a pillow in the living room, then lay down, and enjoying the music. Only some times afterwards I remember that I still haven't turned the tap off. So, I had probably lost 2-3 jugs of water, not forgetting the money I have to pay when I get the bill.
Have you ever been in such situation? I've always been a careful person, but sometimes things like that do happen. When I was studying, I found out most students didn't bother to turn out the lights and fans when they left their room. They claimed that they've paid for that, so they could use the resources to the maximum. Squander is the best verb for people like that. The resources must be used wisely, not wasted like that. Imagine university students with such mentality. What a shame.
So please be careful the next time we switch the lights on!