CD for me

Duncan Sheik’s debut must be the most boring album I’ve bought so far!Actually, I’ve admired him since I first heard ‘Barely Breathing’ in 1996 or 1997. I discovered the song in one of HitzFM (Malaysia’s number one radio station) game promo. It went like this; coz I’m barely breathing, you’re choking my neck…So I asked my sis if there’s such song, and she told me about the song and the guy who sings it (not the choked singer!). I began to love that song, but never bought the album because I believe that I could buy it WAY cheaper one day.
But I just had to buy it today though it’s still expensive because I REALLY NEED THE SONG. The first 2 tracks (‘She Runs Away’ and “In The Absence of Sun’) are nice. Then I start crooning to ‘Barely Breathing’. Then I could croon no more because the rest are new to me. I think the album is almost entirely filled with slow numbers, the ones I seldom listen to. That’s why I think it’s boring. Anyway, I’ve listened to it for the 6th time since I bought it a few hours ago. It’s not bad when the stereo is loud! But as I listened to the album for the 8th time, I think I could bear with it. Besides the 3 tracks, I also love ‘Serena’ and ‘The End of Outside’. I wonder how does his other album sound. I do like ‘High’ (is that the title?) Though some credited the album, other said they’d rather listen to Britney Spears.
I like Sheik’s voice. When I heard John Meyer sings, I thought they sound alike (so I became to like him as well!) but Meyer sounds huskier I guess. Neither have I bought any of Meyer’s releases, but watching him on MTV made me sing ‘Your Body’s a Wonderland’. He’s already released a new album too.
Talking about cheaper CDs. Actually, the Malaysian government was about to reduce the price of cassettes, CDs, and VCDs, in hopes that consumers would buy more original products, especially that of local talents. It was reported that the execution of the new law is postponed. I’m so with the idea, but I think local products ought to be a little pricey than suggested. If the album were good, I’d buy it anyway even if I have to pay through my nose. Low price is a convenience to especially students. Low price is good for me because I always buy original stuff and I like a lot of artists. But why does music products gradually become more unaffordable? Because of popular artists? Big companies? Small market? Publicity? Renowned writers, composers, and producers? WHY? But what about the CDs sold at RM35 in 1998 that is now priced at RM79? I waited for that CD to be sold cheaper! So, if it’s become rare then it’s expensive? C’mon, make up you people’s mind!
I’m only unsatisfied with Chinese records sold as expensively as English records. Chinese records used to be sold less expensive than even Malay records. I remember I could afford to buy 2 cassettes or at least a CD with only RM30, but now I can’t even afford a CD with RM40.